Discover 21 local fishing holes within 40 miles of Jamestown (and all the amenities that Jamestown has to offer).
The Jamestown Reservoir and Pipestem Dam & Lake are just on the north edge of town. These are the largest and most developed areas in the county. Spiritwood Lake is about 15 miles northeast of Jamestown and offers several conveniences as well.
Many of the other area lakes offer a real off-the-beaten path experience.
Developed Fishing Waters
The Jamestown Reservoir is the premier recreational body of water in the Jamestown area. It is the largest, most developed body of water closest to all the amenities that Jamestown offers.
Little Britches Fishing Pond (for young anglers)
Little Britches is a stocked fishing pond right across the road from the Jamestown Reservoir and 1/10 of a mile south of Lakeside Marina.
Pipestem has been the premier Jamestown area destination for perch fishing. This is the second largest body of water in the Jamestown area.
Spiritwood Lake is a small haven about 15 miles to the northeast of Jamestown. Along with fishing, people often scuba dive this body of water. The area also features Spiritwood Resort, which offers special events and entertainment throughout the year.
Less Developed Fishing Waters
If you really want to get away from it all, check out our less developed stocked fishing waters.
Pioneer Bait Shop
- 604 5th St NW
Dan's Sooper Stop
- 811 13th St NE
- February 19-20, 2016 - Jamestown Rural Fire Department Ice Fishing Derby
- May 16-17, 2016 - Dakota Anglers Walleye/Northern Fishing Tournament
- June 6, 2016 - FREE FISHING WEEKEND - Little Britches Fishing Tournament
Purchase licenses online from the North Dakota Game and Fish Department
North Dakota Resident must posses
- Fishing, Hunting and Furbearer Certificate
- Combination License, (includes Small Game, General Game and Habitat, Furbearer, and Fishing licenses) or Fishing License (not required if under 16)
North Dakota Military
- North Dakota residents who are on leave from active duty with the United States military can fish without a license.
Nonresident must posses
- Nonresident Fishing, Hunting and Furbearer Certificate
- Nonresident Fishing
- North Dakota Resident must posses